Friday

Pears In A Sunny Window

It's been so great to get back to my class schedule after the holiday break. My teacher, Joyce Hall, has given us a wonderful curriculum for the year. It was designed to take the new student from the first class through a variety of exercises over an extended period of time. These twelve exercises are technique based and each requires us to paint two paintings, one sample from a folder of references and the second from a reference of our own, after we complete three mandatory paintings. So that would be 27 paintings in all.

The first required painting is the "onion painting" which I posted earlier. The next painting is the above Pear painting in which we're required to do a violet underpainting with a large filbert and complete with a flat starting with the dark areas and moving to the lightest. This photo makes that couch back where the pears are sitting look more purple than it actually is. I need to get my photo tent set up and use my tripod for better photos.

Next week I'll have the apple painting which is done as a violet underpainting with a large filbert and finishing dark to light with a filbert. That will complete the first three mandatory paintings and then I'll move on to the 12 exercises each to be done twice with a class reference and a personal reference.

I love having a plan for study all mapped out!


Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

No comments: