Saturday

Roses and Brass


This little 5x7 was inspired by the amazing work of Elizabeth Pruitt. I took a workshop with Elizabeth a few months ago and was just blown away. She is as nice as she is talented. I want to paint just like her one day.

I know that's a stretch. I'm only a beginner but I Dream Big, as my mom would say. That was mom's mantra when I was growing up. I passed it on to my children. I encouraged them to get out there and follow their dreams. And I tried to remember to do the same.

I remember when I wanted to fox hunt, but I hadn't left the class ring yet! My good friend Rod Swanson drove me and my horse over to Hitchcock Woods in Aiken, SC. The facility serves as a training course for the steeplechase. He made me jump every fence 3 times. I must have jumped 100 times that day. I hunted that season and eventually earned my colors as a member of the Middleton Place Hounds.

Painting is my new passion, and I hope to remember the lessons that I've learned not only about dreaming big, but also about having a plan in place to help make that dream a reality!

So Dream Big!!


Contact Kathy at kathysweeney@gmail.com

No comments: