Tuesday

New Year: New Work in Progress!

My oil classes have finally resumed after the holiday break! I was always the teacher's pet who couldn't wait to go back to school! Nothing like a brand new #2 pencil and a clean notebook! Right, Mom?!

Well, that's how I felt yesterday when I arrived at class almost 30 minutes early...eager to breathe in the smells of the studio and see what new work Joyce had completed during the break.

For her demo Joyce showed us, for the new students, how to lay in or block in a painting. Focus on the large fields of color and areas of dark and light. This is my first pass at a 10x10 canvas with a floral bouquet. The bouquet is in a glass vase which sits on a silver tray. That will be my next challenge.

Silver may be a color but a silver tray is anything but silver! So much reflective light mirroring the purples and blues and yellows around it. And then there's the challenge of painting the elliptical shape of the tray and having it even!

More to come as I work on this new challenge!

Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

No comments: