Thursday

Decoupaging Your Artwork

You might recall the Carolina Moon Santa that I painted on wood. He was designed by Jill "Winna" Mordasky and we had the best time painting him in a workshop. Winna gave us permission, and instructions, to reproduce him by decoupaging a good color copy to a piece of wood. Her conditions were that we credit her on the reverse side.


So I decided to try something different by incorporating a copy of the painted Santa with some text using MS Publisher. Michael photographed the Santa for me using a black background. I pulled it into a document in Publisher and zoomed in to crop the photo to focus on his head and torso. I then added a circle of text which reads, "Nothing Could Be Finer Than Christmas In Carolina".


I printed the image on heavy paper, decoupaged to a piece of slate painted black and then added gold trim with a paint pen. On the back I wrote "Design By Jill "Winna" Mordasky on one side and my name and date on the other. Creativity and Technology.... ain't it grand!


Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

1 comment:

Bev said...

Love the way you set this up, great job and perfect layout and colors for him.