Monday

In Praise of the Scruffy Brush!

This piece is an oldie but goodie, and remains one of my favorites because it was so simple!

Sometimes, although we want to redo a piece of furniture that's seen better days, we get overwhelmed at the "where do I begin" phase. My solution here was to begin with a plan and a very large Scruffy Brush. That's it!

I removed the hardware and set it aside. It was pounced with FA Sunflower and White, as was the trim. The base was pounced with FA Bayberry and White; the top with FA Night Sky and white. The hardest part was the occasional cramping in my wrist!

I did clean the piece in advance, and, if I had it do do over again I might give it a quick coat of spray Kilz. But, the after piece was finished and varnished no one knew it wasn't primed....and, when all is said and done, it has passed the test of time!

So grab that Scruffy and start pouncing! My sister Patty did the walls of the flower shop with a large Scruffy. It's clearly the "duct tape" of the decorative painter!


Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

No comments: