Thursday

Ready for Hanging!

Almost done now . . . Here's a shot of the transparency after I painted it, and before I cut it to insert in the ornaments.

This time I cut the circles free hand leaving a tab where the neck of the ornament will be. I'd seen that tip on Carol Duvall and forgot about it until my painting buddy Lena mentioned it on one of our painting yahoo groups. It works great and is very forgiving if you've cut the circle a little too small!

Here is the finished ornament...a grove of trees following a winter snow . . . the nice fluffy kind. "Christmas Snow" as my sister Patty calls it. Please excuse the glare . . . I need to get better at photographing glass!

Patty called the other night from Vermont to tell me that she was looking out at the first "Christmas Snow" of the season. And here I was cranking up the AC with 80 degree weather!
I get soooo homesick this time of year!

Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Kathy,
Your ornaments are gorgeous! Fabulous idea. I had the great pleasure of taking a class from you at CE this past year!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Kathy Sweeney said...

Thank you, Sandy! I enjoyed that class too...everyone was so enthusiastic! It energized me!

Hugs,
Kathy