Saturday

Ya Better Watch Out!


"He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake!"


This jolly fellow stands in the corner opposite our Christmas tree. I painted him about 6 years ago and am embarrassed to say that I still have not finished him! There are some unfinished details on the right side . . . tactfully tucked behind the silk tree. . . that haunt me! Every year I tell myself that he won't take his postion again until he's complete, and then, well you know the rest! He is designed by Ronnie Bringle. We painted him in a class and Tami, my teacher at the time, had the wood cutter enlarge the pattern to make him about 4 feet tall.

Santa quietly watches everyone from this spot. My granddaughter Sarah loves to go stand next to him and compare her height to that of the little girl. It wasn't that long ago that they were the same size!

Christmas traditions evolve...they can't be forced. Many years ago, when my children were small, I asked them to tell me what our tradition were. Their list wasn't the same as mine. That's when I realized that traditions are very personal and that it's up to each of us to keep our traditions alive.

Tomorrow I'll have pictures of our tree and some of my favorite ornaments made by my children when they were in grade school!

Contact Kathy At kathysweeney@gmail.com

No comments: